Thursday, November 04, 2010

Let it be

"Sometimes it is better to let things happen rather than insisting on how you want them to be done."
I got this message from a friend, didn't realize he sent it twice until I tried deleting messages from my inbox and saw it. He sent it on different months but it only made sense just now.

People say we should not let things happen because we make things happen, I beg to disagree. It's not at all times that we can make things happen, sometimes we try hard to make things work yet it's still not enough. It sucks really. I sometimes wonder if it's only a challenge so one can have what he/she really deserve. But what if you've already done too much? Ain't it a sign that what you want is really not for you? I'm sorry, I don't have the answer either. I'm trying to figure it out as well. I'm currently reading Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist and there's this part which can be related to this. The main character Santiago is in search of his destiny and his dream but life's being too hard on him. The question now is it time for him to give up when he's nearing his destination? or Will he strive hard even when there's no certainty that his dream will come true? It all boils down to risking once again.

It's like he tries everything to make things work, it's been doing good, then when he's finally nearing completion, something happens and ruin things. It's like he's against all odds. It may not be about perfect timing because everyday he try yet it's still busted. Then he decided that' it's about time to surrender and just let things be. Maybe it's a good joke of fate. Nobody knows.

It's still an open-ended question. I'll leave it hanging until I found the right answers.

No comments: