Friday, February 06, 2015

Photoblog: Art Fair Philippines 2014

Before I continue this post, let me first warn you that this is going to be long and very visual. 

Okay, continue...

"Parking lot turned art haven" that's how I will describe Art Fair Philippines 2014 held on February 20-23, 2014 at The Link. I was overwhelmed by the installations and great talents, I hope everyone will get the recognition they deserve.


I am reminiscing last year's Art Fair because Art Fair 2015 opened yesterday. It will again be held at The Link and will run from February 5 to 8, 2015.

I will include almost all the photos I took at the Art Fair Philippines 2014 to somewhat give you a tour at the 28 galleries installed in no particular order below:



This chair is made of plastic spoons, can you believe it?

By Robert Langenegger


Pages could become art too! 
Ang Kiukok's


Modern Pinoy hero?

Flying Cook by Michael Cacnio

Challenging Gravity by Ross Jaylo
One of the most photographed art work on Instagram, simply beautiful. Good job!

Slumber
I love this too!
Please do not seat on my lips


In memory of Art Fair

Welcome to paradise


The Pretenders and some quote by Norberto Roldan

For Swatch Philippines
I call this "octofood," these are all made of real pastries! How cute!

Last year's backdrop
Ping Pong tables by Louie Cordero
I saw celebrities playing table tennis in there. I particularly remember Shawn Yao and Erwin Romulo of Esquire Philippines.

"Where it Starts it Ends Where it Starts" Industrial Print  on Leather Fabric by Francesca Balaguer Mercado
"Disposable Anting Anting" by Noel El Farol


Pagmulat at Gabay, Kandungan, Damdamin, Simula

Why do birds suddenly appear?
Mascots at Pablo Gallery
Pablo Gallery
By Igan D'Bayan
Remains (The Sleep Walker) by Gene Paul Martin at Secret Fresh Gallery
In the Name of The Son by Demetrio Dela Cruz
My personal favorite  "The Crossover".

Found by Lynyrd Paras

Alice in Wonderland Sculptures by Daniel Dela Cruz
Featuring the cheshire cat, Sculptures are made of mixed metals and chimes.
Karmel with the buildings by Jay Ticar at the Richard Koh Fine Art Gallery

Drawing Room
Another bird suddenly appearing

By Sarah Geneblazo

How to train your dragon?
Illimunations by Joy Mallari featuring the "bakunawa" at Tin-aw Gallery.


Karmel ft. Choices

Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera-inspired

Beauty and brains
Vinyl selfie
By Marina Cruz
Video Space
Solo Exhibit by Ronald Ventura
Kenneth Cobonpue for Habitat for Humanity
And they're for sale


The chapel of many saints and sinners by Geraldine Javier


"This is not the CCP Main Theatre" Oil and videon canvas by Gerardo Tan

Thou shall not sit on my eggs

Boxer
Taken by Karmel Lara

Yay, me!
It's me again.

If you're Facebook friends with me, you probably have seen these photos but I just felt I need to do a blogpost on this so nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed my photoblog. I am going to attend the Art Fair 2015 again and I would gladly share this year's experience. That is all for now.

No comments: